Introducing "Got Your Back"
The Got Your Back App powered by Jacob’s SWAG is a new digital platform for suicide awareness, prevention, and education. There are tools custom built for the user to help cope with anxiety and depression. Included features are:
• My Squad support group made up of your friends and family
• Immediate messaging tools for the people in your squad making them aware that you are NOT OKAY
• One-touch access to crisis centers and hotlines
• Mindfulness and calming exercises to help guide the user through moments of anxiety
• Nationwide support services locator
• An in-app safety plan for the user to share with their My Squad personal support group
Order Your AWESOME SWAG here!
Watch the Jacob’s SWAG 2020 Scholarship Prize Patrol!
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Upcoming Events and News
Recognize Anxiety in Yourself and Others
According to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), about 40 million American adults have some type of anxiety disorder every year. An anxiety disorder is a condition in which you experience frequent, powerful bouts of anxiety that interfere with your life. This type of anxiety can get in the way of family, career, and social obligations.
Suicide Warning Signs
Text 741741 - Crisis Text Line
Did you know that if you text 741741 when you are feeling depressed or suicidal, a crisis worker will text you back immediately and continue to text with you? Many people don’t like talking on the phone and would be more comfortable texting. It’s a FREE service to ANYONE – teens, adults, etc. – who lives in the U.S. It’s run by The Crisis Text Line.